"Like" on Facebook!

Friday, March 1, 2013

You Are Valuable!

"Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?" -Matthew 6:26

Have you ever felt worthless?  I spent much of my teenage years feeling this way.  If someone had asked me if I felt worthless, I probably would have said no, but deep down inside, I really didn’t like myself.  I felt like I had nothing to offer.  This manifested itself in depression, cutting, and other destructive behaviors.

Now I see there were many reasons why I felt the way I did back then.  A distant relationship with my dad, an overbearing relationship with my mom, and their past relationship with each other had set me up to fail relationally and emotionally. But thank God for His love!  If I hadn’t experienced God’s love for me and realized that He valued me so much, I wouldn’t have gotten healed from all that happened back then.

What about you? Do you feel like God's prized possession? Well, you are.  Although our relationships with God may differ a little depending on if we are a son or daughter of His, He still love us just the same.  And He wants us to know His unfailing love!

Many people struggle with unworthiness. In fact, the words "Born Loser" is one of the most common tattoos! But Jesus died so that we could experience freedom from sin and death.  That is how much we were worth to God, the complete and total life of His son, Jesus! 

Do you feel like God’s prized possession?  If you have not yet received a revelation of His love for you, why not ask Him.  He wants nothing more than for us to know & experience His love!


Some good scriptures to meditate on are: 


"Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;  Deuteronomy 7:9

"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him." 1 John 3:1

"Long ago the Lord said to Israel: 'I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.'" Jeremiah 31:3
 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."  John 3:16

"By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us."  1 John 4:9-12



"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to For the Lord your God is living among you." Romans 8:37-39
 

"He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment